Thursday, April 01, 2010

At least she's clean...



My child cherishes bath time- also a love of her mom's. She will splash and play sticking her little foam shapes to the walls of the tub for as long as I'll let her. One of her first 10 words was "Bubbles" which comes out like "Boobles" which is altogether fantastic. I must admit that I love that she loves to bathe. She smells much better when she does. :o) And lastly, I must also say that bath time for kids today is probably one of the things their parents can most easily identify with. We didn't have computers for watching YouTube babies giggling and speaking with British accents, fancy light up toys to play with that made us smart, or cool DVDs to entertain us when we were cranky. What we did have, though, was our various white or peach (or snot green!) ceramic tubs to take us away to Sudsyland. We would put soap bubble beards on and listen to ourselves sing. Or lie underneath the edge of the water and listen to the funny echoes. The recycled sour cream container still makes the perfect waterfall maker! She loves to take a bath and I totally get it. Maybe I'll have a bath to commemorate and splash around a bit. :o)

No comments: