Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Housewifedom

I totally enjoy being a little housewife these days. Today, I was awoken by Bryan dropping back by the house (he's leaves every morning about 6:50) at around 9:30. I popped out of bed when I heard the door. And there he was with a wild sunflower that he had picked out of the field across from his office. He stuck around for a little while and when we were sitting there talking he said, "Well, aren't you just the little cute housewife. You sleep 'til 9:30, cook a little, clean a little, watch Martha Stewart." That made me think, you know, I don't mind this gig. I would like it more if my computer was faster and it didn't take me all day. A funny housewife thing happened a few minutes ago which sparked the housewife thought again... I was sitting here waiting the several seconds it takes for the comment page to come up on Koby's blog and I heard some pretty raunchy sounds of people doing the deed in the living room. I thought to myself, "What in the world could that be!? That's pretty intense!" And low and behold I hear, "Josh, you don't have to tell Jessica about this." Aha! A soap opera had just started. I know what you're thinking and no, I didn't leave the computer to go and watch! I had left it on after Martha. :-) Hee hee... Maybe I'll become a soap watching housewife one day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweet (and romantic) husband to give you a sunflower! (Could he possibly mention this to Woody?) :)

Koby said...

ahhhh....one day i will be a soap junkie too. well, i don't know about that but i will be sitting at home keeping a perfectly clean and beautiful place. well, maybe not perfect but it will hopefully be mostly clean.