I used to think that my favorite part about holidays was the food, being a "foodie" and all. But my priorities and interests have definitely changed. My new favorite thing is sharing my new life with my family. Thanksgiving was a happy time. I should back up a little. A week after Amillia was born, my dad suffered from a mild heart attack on the cusp of a major one. It was the most surreal thing. This new life was given to our family from God and we all worried that while that joy was happening another life was threatened. It all reminded me of the fragility of life. Dad is so young and this was so unexpected. He has been under a lot of stress over the last few years, but he's a very healthy man. He doesn't eat the wrong things, drink excessively or smoke, so I know it was stress induced. He was in the hospital for about four days and the doctors put a stint in. I know he had a tough time during his recovery because he was bound to rest at home- no trips, no hunting, no stress. Thanksgiving brought on a new meaning. We were thankful to God for our Amillia, but also for all of our family members and our health. We are so undeserving of this sweet, healthy little girl. We must remember to thank God every day for her. Some memories about November... spending lots of time at the cabin (Mom & Dad's house), seeing Millie's first smile and a beautiful one it is, figuring out the difference and effects of hindmilk vs. foremilk (that was a roller coaster), and a wonderful visit from my girlfriends from college. I have missed them so much. We had a great time together going out to eat at Market Place and Doe's, and having an impromptu shower with gifts, cupcakes, and wine (little for me of course.) They really are the best of friends. Amillia hung with the girls and we giggled and talked. She mostly slept, but still... I have so much to be grateful for!
I know it's blurry, but I just love it. This is Amillia at week four.

2 comments:
You are right...we have so much to be thankful for. I am reminded everytime I hear about a child getting a serious illness..."that could be me, my child, etc." I love that picture of Amillia...wish I could see her more. She does look alot like her daddy! Oh and I never knew what hindmilk looked like until I nursed Tucker and learned the joys of one-sided nursing...then I was like "Ohhhh-THIS is what they were talking about." Hope its getting easier for you. I PROMISE it will be easier with your next baby, if that makes you feel encouraged at all:)
Welcome back to the blogger world!! Millie has changed so much since week 4!
Post a Comment