It's hard to believe how quickly time passes. Before we knew it, Amillia was 2 months old and ready for her first Christmas. We decided that since all the kid thinks about is eating, pooping, and sleeping, she wouldn't realize how much she got from Santa. So, she got a few Wal-Mart toys that Bryan and I had fun picking out while she was sleeping in her carseat in the WM cart. We spent time with family, of course. Lots of food and laughs, and spoiling of a little newborn. Millie racked up on the toys from her grandparents. She's got a onesie that says, "Who needs Santa? I've got grandparents." That was the truth, but we're so very thankful for their generosity (along with all of her family members.)
My aunt Nicole was admitted to the hospital the week that we were to go to the "Christmas Cabin" (a lodge where my mom's side of the family stays together for a weekend). We moved our weekend to a few weeks later into January and had a whole new reason to be thankful. Nicole is so important to me. Not only am I her namesake (middle name), but she is such an encouragement to me of being a good parent and strong Christian woman. It was probably the most fun Christmas cabin so far. We stayed up late (me until 12:30 one night, 2:00 another and the rest of the adults 4:00am). Mostly we just eat really good, laze around, and play lots of games. This year is was dominoes, Pictionary Man, Catch Phrase, and Risk. Bryan and Nick played laser tag with Tanner and Dane. They were running around the cabin like little giddy boys. It was super cute. I'll never forget the memories we made there. (P.S. Those pics are to come. I have to get copies from mom.)
Amillia continues to be a very, very good girl. We're doing well with the Babywise system and she's starting to figure out her schedule. We've gone through some bouts of reflux, but we're taking care of that. She's starting to smile and coo. On New Year's night we video taped the longest "talking" session she's done. I'll try to post it on here if I can figure it out.
Amillia opens her first presents ever from Santa Claus.
I love this picture of Charis when we were decorating Mom & Dad's tree at the cabin.
Baby's First Christmas (Ornament)

1 comment:
Aww, sweet girl. I love late nights with the family...so fun and you're right-you make so many memories as well as give your kids such a feeling of comfort when you are surrounded by loved ones. Glad you guys are having fun...
Post a Comment