Lots of exciting things happened in January. I turned 29 which is right on the cusp of the major life event of moving into a new decade. I'm cool with 29. I've never been one to complain about growing older. I do, however, dread Amillia getting older. It seems like she's growing up so fast. Sometimes when she's lying next to me if I bring her over to the bed with us early in the morning to cuddle, it's like she's a little girl, not so much a newborn. She seems so much older, so aware. I've read about how during the first three months of a baby's life they are still like a fetus and need a "womb" environment. She's coming away from that now. Not such much fussy any more, of course we can't swaddle her because her little strong legs kick right out of it, and she can entertain herself in many ways. She's taken to sucking on her fingers and thumb which she's doing right now (I can see her in our video monitor- which I love, by the way.) I love how she smiles and talks to us. My favorite moment so far goes as follows: I am rocking her to sleep in the evening with her big green pacifier in her mouth. If she's a little sleepy, she'll let me hold her and rock her. We lock eyes for a long time and then I just can't help but to smile at her sweet little face. She smiles back underneath her pacifier, then spits it out. Then the sweetest, tiny, angelic words come out of her mouth to me. It's like she's telling me that she loves me or thanking me for taking care of her, or maybe that I have a booger... who knows?! But it brings tears to my eyes every single time. She is just such a joy and a blessing and I feel so, so thankful that I'm able to be here with her every minute of the day.
Other happenings in January... We got a new president. Bryan and I followed this campaign closer than ever, had lots of good discussions, and watched nearly every major speech. It was neat to watch it all from beginning to end. I'm excited for the good that will come and praying for our new president. We also had a major ice storm here that caused NWA to be declared as a disaster area. I've never seen anything like it! I'll attach pictures. We lost about 2/3 of our trees and were without power for 11 days. We lived like nomads and by fire light. It was quite the adventure. I definitely am thankful for the conveniences of electricity!
Amillia in her third month:

3 comments:
Such precious moments! I am sure if Millie is letting you know about a boogy, it's in the sweetest possible way. :)
Aww, sweet girl. Yes, they do grow up too fast.
Ohhh, your baby girl is beautiful! Love the pics. I miss you at BHS. What were you thinking by leaving? I can't imagine...Okay, yes, I can. But whatever.
Post a Comment