Friday, November 20, 2009

Heck yea I think I can dance!



Bre and I took a super fun trip to Kansas City to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour show in early November. We had such a blast. Our hubbies kept the kids so it was a true sister girl's trip. Generally, Bryan always asks me if I have fun any time Bre and I are together. Every time he asks this question I say "Yep. We always do." And this couldn't be more true. We started our trip with an early morning drive and made a stop at Ozarkland. This store is a souvenir shop/interesting crap extravaganza. We both have always wanted to go. We spent so long looking around at the curiosities from statues of funny little Grannies to bull whips to light catchers to sea shell decorative hangers. It. Was. Crazy. We finally picked out some pumpkin fudge and a massive amount of mix-n-match salt water taffy. Stopping in the tiniest town we could find, we looked and looked for some hole-in-the-wall diner where we could get lunch. We finally found a place to have a great burger and came out smelling like a couple of ashtrays. 'Out of place' is a bold understatement. We then made it to the Plaza in KC for some light window shopping and afternoon coffee. Then it was to the hotel where we got all dolled up and fancy with high hopes of meeting up with the SYTYCD dancers after the show to display our sweet moves for them. We caught a free ride on the public transit bus and made it to the Sprint Center in perfect time for the show after stopping across the street for a slice of pizza. The show was so, so, so fun complete with corny jokes and beautiful dancing. Our favorite dancer won so we cheered and cheered for Jeanine any time she was on stage. The whole show was almost 3 hrs long so it was very worth the money. Afterwards we found the line of people (er... pre-teens) waiting for the dancers to come out to greet their fans and waited for like 30 minutes. We gave up on our high hopes of asking them to go dancing with us as we figured they were all danced out and it was a Sunday night and all... On our way home we stopped by for a visit to her high school friend Cherith's to see her newborn baby girl. The trip was topped off with our own choreography season to a Black Eyed Peas song. I have to admit- we gave those SYTYCD professionals a run for their money. Car choreography is very difficult to attempt. We had such a great time and I was so thankful for my lovely sis for going. She's so fun and gorgeous and just great to be around and I'm so happy I have her for a sister and a best friend.

No comments: