Babymoon Day 2- In three words- Jesus, Mangoes, and Pate. These were my favorite things about today. Brandyn, Kendall, Bryan, and I went to a major island event called the Mango Melee (pronounced may-lay). It was kind of like a farmer's market mixed with a craft fair mixed with a county fair minus the livestock. The Cruzans were celebrating their beloved mango! The event took place at the Botanical Gardens so we got to do one of our touristy things on our list. I've got great pics of exotic plants, cacti, and fruit. One of the best things about it was the local food made by local people. I enjoyed a favorite called chicken pate (pronounced like the liver stuff, but very different.) It was like an empanada with friend bread stuffed with a chicken mixture. We bought a rattle made from the nut of a tree (that I can't the remember the name of sadly) made by a local artist for the baby. We looked at lots of jewelry, plants, and ruins that are on the site of the botanical gardens. It was a great experience.
Our morning started out really nicely with a visit to the St. Croix Christian Church. I was a little bit sick this morning so I was "weary" during the service, but I still really enjoyed the message and the people were really nice. The message was about making choices about your life based on the dangers that God reveals to you. It was extremely encouraging. "The prudent see danger and seek refuge. The simple keep going and suffer for it." (Somewhere in Proverbs :-( ... can't remember).
Once we returned home from our day, we swam to cool off and practiced our snorkeling techniques. I was so worn out from the day that I had a nap and them we had dinner. It's early to bed tonight so Brandyn and Kendall can wake up early to go to VBS. I'm not sure what we'll be doing. The pictures below are of Bryan and one of the spiky cactus plants and us with the mango display at Mango Malee!

1 comment:
Mmmm. mangoes! I'm jealous! And all the other stuff too. You guys look like you are having a great time and I'm so glad for you. You both deserve it!!!!! You better call me when you get back and tell me all the cool stories. :)
Post a Comment