Babymoon Day 1- We needed a major sleep in after the long day of flying and layovers that we experience added to the jerk chicken smorgasboard and watching fireworks 40 miles away on St. John Island. A great 4th! After the best french toast I've ever had this morning (probably because Kendall put a little Cruzan rum cream- alcohol cooked off of course) we got ourselves prepared for a fun day. We drove all around the island today. We picked up the Tracker at Brandyn and Kendall's house and drove out to the rainforest. Favorite part of the day? Stopping at the Country Snack Local Fruit Smoothie stand. See picture below! They made smoothies of five different tropical fruits and no sugar! I felt so healthy and the baby LOVED it. After a walk around the "mini-zoo" we drove on to the beach in Fredricksted. We spent a couple of hours wading in the crystal water. It was so relaxing. One of my favorite parts was that there was a huge family reunion type gathering where all these people were barbequing and there was a DJ playing reggae music. I loved it. There were only locals there, but Bryan and me. After our day of jungle driving and beachcombing, we headed to the Big K and the grocery store to stock up on groceries for the week. Tonight we cooked hamburgers, fries, and grilled pineapple. Delicious. I think we're about play a game. Tomorrow is Mango Malee! The pics below are us on the beach with my big 'ole stomach, Brandyn and I at the smoothie stand, and the beautiful 4th of July sunset.
Saturday, July 05, 2008
In the Jungle the Mighty Jungle...
Babymoon Day 1- We needed a major sleep in after the long day of flying and layovers that we experience added to the jerk chicken smorgasboard and watching fireworks 40 miles away on St. John Island. A great 4th! After the best french toast I've ever had this morning (probably because Kendall put a little Cruzan rum cream- alcohol cooked off of course) we got ourselves prepared for a fun day. We drove all around the island today. We picked up the Tracker at Brandyn and Kendall's house and drove out to the rainforest. Favorite part of the day? Stopping at the Country Snack Local Fruit Smoothie stand. See picture below! They made smoothies of five different tropical fruits and no sugar! I felt so healthy and the baby LOVED it. After a walk around the "mini-zoo" we drove on to the beach in Fredricksted. We spent a couple of hours wading in the crystal water. It was so relaxing. One of my favorite parts was that there was a huge family reunion type gathering where all these people were barbequing and there was a DJ playing reggae music. I loved it. There were only locals there, but Bryan and me. After our day of jungle driving and beachcombing, we headed to the Big K and the grocery store to stock up on groceries for the week. Tonight we cooked hamburgers, fries, and grilled pineapple. Delicious. I think we're about play a game. Tomorrow is Mango Malee! The pics below are us on the beach with my big 'ole stomach, Brandyn and I at the smoothie stand, and the beautiful 4th of July sunset.



Babymoon Day 1- We needed a major sleep in after the long day of flying and layovers that we experience added to the jerk chicken smorgasboard and watching fireworks 40 miles away on St. John Island. A great 4th! After the best french toast I've ever had this morning (probably because Kendall put a little Cruzan rum cream- alcohol cooked off of course) we got ourselves prepared for a fun day. We drove all around the island today. We picked up the Tracker at Brandyn and Kendall's house and drove out to the rainforest. Favorite part of the day? Stopping at the Country Snack Local Fruit Smoothie stand. See picture below! They made smoothies of five different tropical fruits and no sugar! I felt so healthy and the baby LOVED it. After a walk around the "mini-zoo" we drove on to the beach in Fredricksted. We spent a couple of hours wading in the crystal water. It was so relaxing. One of my favorite parts was that there was a huge family reunion type gathering where all these people were barbequing and there was a DJ playing reggae music. I loved it. There were only locals there, but Bryan and me. After our day of jungle driving and beachcombing, we headed to the Big K and the grocery store to stock up on groceries for the week. Tonight we cooked hamburgers, fries, and grilled pineapple. Delicious. I think we're about play a game. Tomorrow is Mango Malee! The pics below are us on the beach with my big 'ole stomach, Brandyn and I at the smoothie stand, and the beautiful 4th of July sunset.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment