Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Snorkel Burn

Babymoon Day 4- Bryan and I have coined a new term. The snorkel burn. Today we ate a big breakfast and headed out f
or a day on the island off the coast of the island- Protestant Cay. We took a short ferry to the little island that houses a hotel and a small beach and we had a view of the harbor on one side and the vast ocean on the other. We swam and laid around and snorkeled. We saw lots of tropical fish and a stingray! A school of large silvery fish swam right past us and kind of scared us both. So much fun it was! So much fun that each time I came out of the crystal waters to take a break I reapplied sunscreen to the my face, arms, and chest and I forgot one important part that was exposed nearly all day long- my back. I now possess a gnarly burn on my back and lower butt cheeks :-) that it radiating heat! It was such a fun day, though. My pregnant belly provides the perfect buoyant float. I didn't hardly have to swim or work on the water at all. I just kind of floated. Amillia was doing her part to make sure I didn't sink! That was all for today. We're about to eat some dinner and maybe play a game. I love not having a TV. We just spend tons of time together. The pics today are actually a few more from yesterday because I didn't take any today since we were in the water a lot and not with our things, we decided not to take the valuables.


No comments: