Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? It's a place on one's head devoid of hair. I happen to love them for good reason- two of my favorite ones live in my house. All the time I catch myself kissing Amillia on her bald spot and thinking that one day she'll have hair there and that will mean she's bigger and older than she is right now. It's kind of a sad little kiss that I give her. I'm not very good at her getting bigger. Time travels much too fast these days, and I don't particularly like it. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect to have this feeling that I can't catch up with the days that are going by much too quickly. I look back at pictures of her when she was newly born and she looks so different, but the same. My mom and I watched the video of her birth last week and her first cry sounds just the same as the cry she does when I lay her down for a nap. She's just getting so big. Yesterday at her 4 month well baby check up with Dr. Harmon she weighed 15 lbs and 1 oz. (in the 79 percentile) and was 24 3/4" long (in the 67%). She's grown exactly 7 lbs since the day she was born and exactly 5 inches. Big girl! And for the record... now that her she sits up in her Bumbo seat (see picture further down of baby in purple foam chair), she is growing some hair back there.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
The Bald Spot

Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? It's a place on one's head devoid of hair. I happen to love them for good reason- two of my favorite ones live in my house. All the time I catch myself kissing Amillia on her bald spot and thinking that one day she'll have hair there and that will mean she's bigger and older than she is right now. It's kind of a sad little kiss that I give her. I'm not very good at her getting bigger. Time travels much too fast these days, and I don't particularly like it. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect to have this feeling that I can't catch up with the days that are going by much too quickly. I look back at pictures of her when she was newly born and she looks so different, but the same. My mom and I watched the video of her birth last week and her first cry sounds just the same as the cry she does when I lay her down for a nap. She's just getting so big. Yesterday at her 4 month well baby check up with Dr. Harmon she weighed 15 lbs and 1 oz. (in the 79 percentile) and was 24 3/4" long (in the 67%). She's grown exactly 7 lbs since the day she was born and exactly 5 inches. Big girl! And for the record... now that her she sits up in her Bumbo seat (see picture further down of baby in purple foam chair), she is growing some hair back there.
Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? It's a place on one's head devoid of hair. I happen to love them for good reason- two of my favorite ones live in my house. All the time I catch myself kissing Amillia on her bald spot and thinking that one day she'll have hair there and that will mean she's bigger and older than she is right now. It's kind of a sad little kiss that I give her. I'm not very good at her getting bigger. Time travels much too fast these days, and I don't particularly like it. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect to have this feeling that I can't catch up with the days that are going by much too quickly. I look back at pictures of her when she was newly born and she looks so different, but the same. My mom and I watched the video of her birth last week and her first cry sounds just the same as the cry she does when I lay her down for a nap. She's just getting so big. Yesterday at her 4 month well baby check up with Dr. Harmon she weighed 15 lbs and 1 oz. (in the 79 percentile) and was 24 3/4" long (in the 67%). She's grown exactly 7 lbs since the day she was born and exactly 5 inches. Big girl! And for the record... now that her she sits up in her Bumbo seat (see picture further down of baby in purple foam chair), she is growing some hair back there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I added a link to your blog on Coco's site. I love reading all of your posts!!
Post a Comment