Saturday, March 07, 2009

Brilliant!

So, I think I'm pretty smart most of the time (thus the self-indulgent name of this blog), but I came up with an excellent idea yesterday and thought I'd share. Now when you read this you will not exactly think it's all that brilliant, but if you try it you will see how wonderful this tactic that I discovered is. I've been the owner of an iPod since Christmas '07 courtesy of my mom & dad. (Shout out to the 'rents!) I don't listen to it very often because I forget about it. I have a "book on tape"... oh, I guess the "2000's" term would be "audio book"... whatever... of Prince Caspian from The Chronicles of Narnia loaded on my iPod. So when I'm doing housework, I will listen to a little bit of the story. I started this tonight when I was cleaning up the kitchen (Bryan is sick and working this weekend.) Since I love to read but often don't because of the "To do's" on my list, I can listen to my story while I do my to do's. Voila! Genius! Thanks to my friend Jen (www.jennybjones.com) who is also a genius, I now know that the Bentonville Public Library has not only snazzy chairs, but free membership. So... when I finish Prince Caspian I will go and check out another audio book to load onto the 'ole iPod. Wow. I think I can rest now. My day is complete. Goodnight and pleasant dreams. By the way, I'm considering starting a blog for my dreams. Thoughts?
The equipment (and a lady doing some sweet jazz hands):

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You ARE brilliant! I think I'm just going to rot my brain by listening to the TV while getting my to do list done.

Paula said...

Thats a great idea-the audio ipod thing AND the dream blog. I have 2 personal blogs...time to join the club!

kym brinkley said...

that "lady" doing jazz hands is nelly furtado, you silly. :)