Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Egg-stravaganza!



What a dreary but happy Easter Sunday it was. Everyone I know talked the Easter bunny into hiding eggs in their house instead of in the mud. We started a new tradition (I hope) with the whole family coming over for lunch at our house, dying eggs and doing crafts that afternoon, going to PM church service, then out for dinner. It makes for a long Saturday, but it was sunny and pretty to play outside. Our neighbor even brought one of her ponies over for Charis to take a ride. It was the highlight of her weekend, I'm sure. On Sunday we hid eggs at mom and dad's cabin and had Easter dinner at Mema & Pepa's. The evening rounded out with a visit from my childhood best friend and her family. Her little boy is so sweet, so tall, and very advanced. He'll be 2 in June and he was almost taller than Charis who is 3 1/2. They had fun playing chase while we all caught up on each other's lives.

My friend Melanie and I were talking the other day about how Easter really should be even more important than Christmas. We commercialize this religious holiday almost more than Christmas. I am reminded of the promise that comes along with the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It gives me hope in these tough times. Though we have been blessed and are not as highly affected by the economy, there are so many hurting people out there. I hope that they too will find some hope and faith in the newness of spring, and learn to rely on the only provider. And even as a now-parent, I am more struck by how hard it must have been for God to watch is son suffer. What an amazing and unmatchable gift!







1 comment:

Melanie said...

How sweet!! I'm loving those shade! I think she should debut those at a park of our choosing when the weather is nice. ;)