Monday, March 09, 2009

My sweet little... boy?

Today Millie and I went by to see Cousins Cole & Charis and while Bre was holding her namesake (Amillia is my sister's 1st name), Charis was brushing my hair. We had a little conversatoin that went something like this...
Charis: "Charis brush your hair, Brooke. Take out your holder [ponytail]."
Brooke: "Thank you."
Charis: "You have hair. Charis have hair. Mommy have hair."
Brooke: "Yes. We all have hair. Millie doesn't have much hair yet, but there's a little there."
Charis: "No, Millie doesn't have hair because she's a boy."
Brooke: "No, Millie is a girl, Charis. You and me and Mommy and Millie are all girls."
Charis: "No, Millie is a boy. He doesn't have any hair."
I then snorted and gave her a kiss.
Bre and I talked about how I'm going to start putting bows in her hair. Mom will be proud.

Here's an updated pic of our little drama queen, her little brother, and her cousin (ironically kind of dressed like a boy).









2 comments:

Melanie said...

That's too funny! When I was Charis' age, I thought Boy George was a girl because she had long hair. I argued with my mom about it... she won. Cole looks SO grown up! He looks like a little boy instead of a baby boy.

Paula said...

LOL...thats pretty cute:-) Kids are so literal at that age. Girls should have hair (with bows in their hair) and wear pink...period! You'll have to post some pics with Millie with a huge bow in...do you ever read kelly's korner blog (link on my blog). She puts her in these huge, cute bows (just for pics, I think).

After having 2 boys...IF we have another and IF its a girl, poor girl is gonna have to have a strong neck to hold up the massive bows I'll put on her head! lol..